Monday, January 18, 2010

One Sad Day

This is a sad day for me. My brother has just texted me that one of his boardmates had committed suicide. Apparently, while we were celebrating Christmas and New Year, this boardmate of his was undergoing a crisis. According to my brother, the parents could not anymore afford to send his boardmate back to school after the Christmas break and this led to the boy’s suicide. Hopelessness and fear drove him to end his life.

And now as I look back, I keep on thinking that maybe we could have done something to help him. He could have texted my brother and we could have helped him. What a waste of precious life!

To those out there planning to take their own lives, please think about it a million times. Reach out to people and talk, they could help you, you know. You are not alone, somebody out there loves and cares for you, and somebody out there may have the correct answer that you are looking for.

No comments:

Post a Comment